Friday, January 4, 2013

That little devil..

mmmmm ..  walking into the cafeteria this morning the smell of bacon, saugage, and pancakes with maple syrup filled my nostrils.. looking at that bacon, I swear I heard it call my name.  The me fighting said no no no.. that little devil me sitting on my shoulder kept saying you still have all your calorie alotment for the day it will be okay.. that battle that for some is so easy was not for me.. Alas in the end I walked away with oatmeal, a bannana and an orange for a snack... even though I made a better choice, the fact that I wanted the bacon was still there.  That is something that goes through my mind a lot.. the fact that I want to be good, but I don't want to be good all at the same time, why can't I eat like everyone else?  I hope to get to a mental state where it won't bug me that I can't have the "bad" stuff.. that I will be happy that I am eating oatmeal because it will make me happier in the end. I want to feel a sense of accomplishment when I pass up the junk food and deposit something healthy in my body. I just wish that a salad was as tempting to me as a doughnut.. :) I am on my way, and that I have to be thankful for.. small steps day by day .. meal by meal.. I CAN DO THIS!

 

4 comments:

  1. You go girl! Mandy you are amazing and determined. YOU are an inspiration to me! So happy to have you in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, my friend, this is a lifestyle change. In my own experience with lifestyle changes...I have had a few...the temptation doesn't go away. The salad won't look as good as bacon. Lifestyle change is the conscious decision to make the better choice. You will always have that little devil wrapped in bacon on your shoulder. Ask ANY recovering addict. & they will tell you they still have the desire to smoke, drink, get high. Our eating habits are an addiction too & to overcome the addiction, it has to be a conscious choice you make to choose the healthier food or to choose to take the stairs instead of the elevator. So today in the cafeteria, you won! You fought the temptation & made the healthier choice. You won that fight. YOU DID IT! Mandy 1 bad eating 0 :) Remember each time you are faced with the temptation, it is a new fight. When you keep making the better choice, the fights you will help you win the battle in the end!

    ~MJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, reading your posts and feeling motivated...then I saw the picture of Bacon! You rock and I'm trying too. Just started a "to lose" and "lost" jar. 50 rocks in the "to lose" jar right now. But it is a good visual for me to see that every SINGLE pound is one in the right direction. I'm on day 4 of no Dr. Pepper...holy shit! Headaches are minimal and I already have more energy and less joint pain. This will be THE TIME for both of us. I can't help but think of how much easier it would be with drugs though ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! We CAN do this!! Your right it will be THE TIME for us!! I can feel it!

      Delete